Thursday, November 11, 2010

October Fun Times!!

So I have been totally lacking any sort of motivation to update the blog, and I have been really bad at taking pictures! Bah I need to do better and I swear I say that every time I finally make a post on here, geez get it in gear Amy! Ok so obviously October is over and we are halfway into November now. We had a lot of fun doing things for Halloween and we were really excited to take the kids trick or treating. Well trick or treating was pretty much a big fat bummer because it was POURING! It was coming down so bad, Peyton wanted nothing to do with going outside and I am sure that Korbin would have been just fine with it but he would have been soaked. So anyway onto the events leading up to Halloween. At the beginning of the month Hollee and I took the kiddos to go see Bryan at the fire station when they were doing their big open house, they had a lot of fun looking at the fire trucks and ambulance and they also had a life flight helicopter there. They got a goodie bag full of stickers and pencils and magnets, so Peyton covered herself in the stickers as soon as we got home. It was a lot of fun and Peyton is always excited to go see Bryan at work.

We were going to take the kids out to Black Island Farms to go get their pumpkins like we did last year. Well we kept putting it off and the weekend we finally got out there I completely spaced that it was UEA! Holy crap there were so so many people it was insane! The line to get onto the hay ride out to the pumpkin patch was like 2 hours, there was no way the kids would have lasted waiting that long. So we bagged it and went out to dinner with our friends the Letcher's instead. So I was a loser and bought the pumpkins at Winco, boo! I know it's bad but they were super cheap, like 8 cents a lb. awesome, so next year now we know not to go pumpkin hunting over UEA. So we carved the pumpkins, well Deven and I carved them Peyton and Korbin watched, we did 2 one day and the other 2 the day before Halloween. Peyton requested a princess pumpkin so I found a Cinderella template online and it turned out pretty good. Deven carved Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas and the other 2 we just used some patterns from a carving book. Peyton didn't want to touch the pumpkin guts and Korbin probably would have tried to eat them so we did all the carving and they were perfectly content watching and going outside to see the finished products.

Dev had to work on Halloween, well the day before Halloween I guess since it was on a Sunday this year. Peyton wanted to be a princess this year, surprise surprise, and Korbin was a dragon. I spent an hour or so getting Peyton ready because she wanted princess hair and makeup which is next to impossible to do with a fidgety 3 year old. Her hair is so fine and so thin that any curl I put in almost immediately falls out, so I did the best I could and about 5 seconds after I was done she took off running and started wrestling with the dogs so it all fell out ha ha! She loved getting her hair sprayed with glitter and getting "princess" makeup put on. But she is in this phase of refusing to take a picture, and it drives me crazy!! I don't have any recent pictures of her because she runs as soon as she sees that camera! So we don't have great pictures of the kids but oh well I guess. We are super excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas and all the fun that the holidays bring!!







Making Witches Brew with Grammy

Making Sugar Cookies


My new Niece Lola! Ha Ha Congrats Bryan and Hollee!!




Getting ready to carve her pumpkin.

Korbin just sitting back and watching.


Crazy Winnie





Doesn't she look so happy that I am trying to get a good picture.

No comments: