Friday, February 18, 2011

So it's 2011!

I have not updated in FOREVER! Things have been a little crazy in the Sorensen household and I am still trying to adjust to all the changes. So my blogging has fallen way behind but I am going to try and be better at getting on here at the very least once a week and posting an update. I am also being a huge slacker at taking pictures, agh I need to do better. So let's just recap what has been going on the last couple of months:
We had an awesome holiday season, I love the holidays and I take full advantage of all the yummy goodies that are right in front of my face all season long. I am going to be working off my over indulgence for the next few months I am sure! Christmas was great, the kids got a lot of great gifts, Peyton now has every single Disney Princess barbie that they make so she is pretty excited, she got a lot of princess stuff and (to my dismay) her beautiful (very sarcastic) unicorn pillow pet. I was hoping she would pick out one of the cute ones like the lady bug or the panda bear but she of course goes for the pink and purple unicorn :( blah! Oh well she is happy and that is all that matters. Korbin got a bunch of cars and a big dump truck and a huge fire truck that stores all of his cars, but he was more interested in the wrapping paper and what everyone else was getting.
Our New Years started off great, we had a lot of fun with our friends at a New Year's Eve party but then the next day I got strep throat, major bummer! Deven started school the first week of January at the University of Phoenix, he is going to be getting his Bachelor's of Science in Criminal Justice! Luckily his classes are only once a week and all of his books and learning materials are online! So he goes to school every Wednesday night from 6-10 pm, so far he is doing awesome! I started a new job in January as well, I am working for Convergy's taking calls for the customer's of Direct Tv. I am working in the Ogden site right now but I will be transitioning to working at home in the next month which will be awesome! So far things are going well, it is a little bit crazy adjusting from being a stay at home mom to now being gone for a huge chunk of the day and not seeing my kids! But it is only for a little while longer, then I will be working from home which will be nice and I am only working 30 hours a week so it is not bad. Plus I get free Directv out of the deal so it works out great! Also at the beginning of the year my Dad started a new job as well, except his job will be out in Pennsylvania! So he is now living out there and my mom will be joining him as soon as her school year is over. Thankfully we don't have to move, my parents are going to be renting out their house to us for the next couple of years until we can buy it from them! Since we had to short sale our previous home last year we are not able to buy another house for 2 years. But now we don't have to worry about finding another house! Thanks Mom and Dad!! So once my mom goes out to PA to be with my dad, Dev and I will move up out of the basement and Peyton will move into my old room which is pretty fun!
Peyton and Korbin are doing great, and they are both getting so big! Korbin is growing out of all of his winter clothes so the warm weather needs to get here quick so I can just buy him new bigger spring/summer clothes! He is getting more teeth and Deven recently shaved his head :( so he looks just like a miniature version of Deven! He looks to grown up for my liking so thankfully his hair is growing back quick! He talks all the time and he loves to roll his cars around saying "vroom vroom" and he loves his dogs! He is always jumping around in his crib and he has done it so much and so hard that a nice big rip is running down the center of the crib mattress, so pretty soon he will be moving to a toddler bed. Peyton is still very much in love with all things princess, she loves to have tea parties and oftentimes the poor dogs are forced to join in on them. She changes her clothes about 8 times a day, which drives me crazy, and she has now started to tell me every morning how she would like her hair to be done.
We are very much looking forward to the warm weather and all the exciting things that spring has to bring!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Big changes for you guys! Glad to hear all is well. Where in PA? Grant grew up there and we try to go as often as we can to visit. Avoid the winters!