Monday, March 22, 2010

Baby Shower

This last Saturday my sister-in-law Hollee and I threw a baby shower for one of my very best friends Amy. I have known Amy since high school and our jr. year we had one semester where we had 7 of our 8 classes together! She is having her first baby in a little over a month and she is having a little girl and I am beyond excited for her! She has been through so much so when I found out she was pregnant I knew that I wanted to throw a big flippin awesome shower! I think we did a pretty good job. I am really excited for Amy to have her baby so I can buy her little girl all sorts of cute clothes and fun toys, I love shopping for baby's! Thank you so so much Hollee for all of your help and for letting us use all of your awesome wedding decorations!


The food! We made chicken salad sandwiches, rice krispy treats drizzled with chocolate, cupcakes, and fruit kabobs. I think it's going to be awhile before Hollee and I want to eat any chicken salad!

The gift table

The lemonade table

Amy opening some of her gifts, she got a ton of cute stuff!





Centerpiece

Centerpiece

Centerpiece

Centerpiece

A view of the room before people started showing up.


I wanted to attempt to make a diaper cake as our gift to Amy. I never realized how difficult they are to make, this thing took forever! But there are over 200 diapers in this bad boy and I am pretty dang happy with how it turned out.

The favor table, we made cherry and watermelon homemade suckers.



2 comments:

Marci and Gary said...

Hey I used to be in their ward in West Point! My parents are still there!

Darcy said...

This seriously turned out so nice--way to go! Thanks for the cupcake tips (and the cupcakes themselves- yum!).

P.S. I have your 9x13" pan. It is being held ransom until we actually get together and do something.