Monday, April 19, 2010

Baby Animal Days, Potty Training, 6 months! (Warning: long post!)

It has been a crazy couple of weeks it feels like! First off I am loving this weather! I love springtime, and it has been so nice being able to let Peyton go outside and get some her of energy out! I could do without the nice sunny weather one day and then snow the next but we live in Utah so I guess it comes with the territory. On the 1st of this month Korbin turned 6 months old!! Crazy! Time is seriously just flying by. He had his 6 month check up and he is still growing like crazy. He is in the 98% for his height at 29 inches, 58% for weight at 18 lbs and 91% for head circumference at 45.5 cm. He is only a pound lighter at 6 months than Peyton was at her 1 year checkup! So the difference in size between the 2 of them is crazy, he seriously might pass her up by the time he is a year old! He is such a sweet little guy, he likes to snuggle and he is always so so happy! He has been a little bit grouchy lately but he is currently getting 6 teeth!! 4 up top and 2 (so far) on the bottom. So I don't blame him. He is doing really well with his helmet and the difference that it has made in just one month is incredible. I need to scan in the picture that I got from the Dr.'s office because it shows the difference a lot better than just a profile picture would. He is hopefully going to get it off around the first of June which is good because even with weather being only in the 70's he gets so hot while he wears it. He is sitting up on his own and I am sure he will be crawling soon so the baby gates will have to go back up. He is growing up so fast!

Showing off his new bottom teeth, poor kid has a permanent case of helmet hair.


Not quite sure if he likes the swing.

Last weekend we went up to Logan with some of our friends and took the kids to Baby Animal Days. We took Peyton last year and she loved it so we knew that we would have to bring her back this year. She had tons of fun running around and petting every animal she could get her hands on. I think her favorite were the baby cows, she just walked right up and plopped down beside them, I am sure she was thinking they were just like her dogs at home. She wasn't such a fan of holding the baby chicks, she didn't like the feel of their feet on her hands. It's probably a good thing she isn't really good at the whole being soft thing. She rode on the train and on a pony and jut had a blast going from exhibit to exhibit. My favorite were the baby bears, they were so so cute, never mind their razor sharp claws that would scratch out your eyeballs, they were cute and I just wanted to take one home!

Cute baby goat.

Petting the cow.

Korbin just enjoying himself.

Dev trying to coax Peyton over to pet the baby chick.


Seriously....

SO CUTE!


Peyton riding the pony.

A week ago today, we started potty training Peyton. We had tried a few months ago with no success so we stopped for awhile and since the weather is warmer and I don't care if she runs around the house in just her underwear we decided to try it again. I was really dreading it and I thought she was going to fight me the whole way. Boy was I wrong. She had a couple of accidents the first day but ever since then she has had NONE! Holy crap this was a piece of cake. For incentive to go on the potty I took an old diaper box wrapped it in some girly wrapping paper and went to Target and raided the $1 deals section. Every time she went potty she got to pick a prize out of her Potty Prize Box. I was pretty impressed with the stuff I found in the $1 section and Peyton loves it! She loves wearing her princess or lady bug panties and I am so so proud of her for doing so well! She still wears a diaper at night, for some reason both my kids seriously pee like a gallon a night so if that grosses anyone out, so we will wait until she can wake up with a dry diaper before we ease into night time potty training. But I am happy that she took to it so well and she seems to be quite proud of herself! The only downside to this is now she doesn't have that extra bulkiness of the diaper to keep her pants held up better and we got her the smallest size underwear we could find and they still are super loose on her.






Her potty prize box, as you can see it is pretty empty, I will have to go refill it here pretty soon. I tried to get a picture of her in her new underwear but she does not like to sit still long enough for me to get a picture!

Winnie giving me a dirty look for waking her up to get a picture.



Gus doesn't mind though.

Peyton playing in the backyard.

We are looking forward to the rest of spring and all the fun things that warmer weather brings!

3 comments:

Darcy said...

Glad to hear she's not fertilizing "her garden." Thanks for a great weekend at the park! Do you guys want to go to the Tulip Festival May 1?

Kelsey said...

Your kids are getting so big!! And they are so cute!! :) I loved the baby bears too! They were so cute!! When are we gonna get together??

Sara said...

Isn't it nice not changing two diapers? hayden has been working on potty training too, and he is doing pretty well. It's nice when it just "clicks". I can't believe your baby is 6 months old! He has grown up so fast.