Sunday, August 22, 2010

Where did the summer go?

This summer has gone by so fast!! I can't believe that it is almost September!! I have royally sucked at keeping up at posting this summer but we have been busy doing so many fun things! Our camera died a couple weeks ago, major bummer, so I have been taking pictures on my phone but we are buying a new one soon. This is the first summer in 3 years that I haven't been pregnant so I have been enjoying every minute of it! We have gone to Pineview a few times, the zoo, lots of shopping and walks in the park and tons of swimming! We started the summer with Dev working back in Logan at his uncles furniture store and he has now switched jobs and is working at R C Willey. He works at the ginormous distribution center by the airport and he does deliveries in downtown SLC. He started a little over a month ago and so far he is loving it! We are hoping to get all of our debt paid off and get Dev enrolled in school by the first of next year. We paid our car off last month and it is so awesome not having that car payment anymore!!
Deven and I had our 5 year anniversary on the 13th and we actually got to really celebrate it this year! Every other year we have always been busy with work so we only got to go out to dinner. But this year we went up to Park City, for a night and it was so nice to get away even if it was only for one night. We went to dinner at this totally awesome BBQ place on Main St. in Park City called Bandits, seriously the best dinner I have had in a long long time. We walked Main St. and then went swimming and the next morning we got up and headed to the outlets to do some shopping. It was a nice quick trip and we will definitely be doing it again! I can't believe we have been married for 5 years already! It went by so fast and our lives have changed so much. We have been through a lot the last 5 years but I am honestly more in love with Dev now than I ever hoped I could be! He is such an amazing husband and father and I am so so lucky to have him!
Our kids are doing awesome! They are keeping us super busy and we just love them so much! Peyton will be 3 on the 5th and I can't believe that she is going to that old already. Where has the time gone! She has grown up so much in the last year. She was a little tomboyish to start of the year but now she is liking princesses and dress up a lot more than before! So we are going to go with a princess theme for her birthday and hopefully she likes it! She is so busy all the time, she always finds ways to entertain herself and is constantly running around. It's almost impossible to get a picture of her because she doesn't like to stop what she is doing to pose for a picture! Korbin is now 10 almost 11 months old and he is also a busy little man! He is crawling all over the place and pulling himself up onto everything he can. Peyton was walking by this time but Korbin is not really showing any interest in it yet. He will stand up all on his own but he won't take any steps. He is into everything and loves to play with Peyton and the dogs. He is the happiest little kid and is always smiling and laughing. He now has 8 teeth, 4 on bottom and 4 on top, he is still tall and skinny and has the longest fingers and toes. I am really looking forward to both of the kids' birthdays!
We have been enjoying our summer and I love the warm weather but I am getting excited for fall. I am excited for football, and baseball playoffs, Halloween and all the fun activities that fall time brings! Hope everyone is enjoying the last days of summer!
Korbin at the zoo

Peyton and her crazy self
He is a little ham for the camera
Yep, she is giving me attitude about taking her picture


No comments: